Oh, I can’t even describe how much we love this recipe! It is simple, tasty and satisfying. When I’m lazy to make little sushi rolls, I always come to this option. Also, it is a perfect to-go meal, take it to the beach or even as a plane meal.
You can use anything you want to stuff your burritos in, be creative (or follow your diet preferences).
500g of sushi rice
4-5 pieces of nori paper
avocado (don’t be shy here!)
yellow sweet pepper
4-6 green bean pods
For the sauce:
200g of soaked cashews
tamari or coconut aminos
1-2 tbsp of tahini paste
What to do:
1. Let’s cook the rice first. I usually use a slow cooker.
2. While the rice is cooking, bake a few skinless pumpkin cubes in the oven. Let the rice and pumpkin cool down.
3. Next, steam the green beans to readiness with a small amount of water. Then, we need to cut the remaining ingredients into strips.
4. Lay the rice on a sheet of nori in a layer, retreating 2cm from the top edge. I recommend wetting the fingers with water so the rice does not stick. Notice, I do not use rice vinegar, everything is perfectly sticky without it.
5. Lay out the stuffing. I have two options. The first: pumpkin, green beans, avocado, cucumber and cabbage. The second: yellow pepper, green beans, avocado and cabbage. Roll them up. Repeat the procedure. It should turn out 4-5 burritos. Leftover vegetables and rice can be used for the bowl. But more about that in the next recipe!
6. Let’s make the sauce: mix all the ingredients in a blender until creamy. If it’s not salty enough, add more coco aminos or tamari.
This is it! I’m sure you will like it. Maybe you want to see a step by step video? Waiting for your comments!